So spring is on the way, and you definitely don’t want your garden to look worn out once mother nature decides to strip away her white carpets of snow. A lawn and garden checklist is the best way to ensure that your home’s curb appeal and the overall atmosphere that your household can enjoy while relaxing in the front yard won’t be adversely affected by a stagnant garden or unsightly patches of grass.
- Basic maintenance is the first item on the menu. Clean the deck and lawn, make repairs, and replace any dead plants.
- Browse through the winter seeding catalog, and start seeding some new plants and flowers indoors as early as right now.
- By planting potatoes, onions, tomatoes, artichokes, lettuces and other vegetables, you can make your garden look beautiful and practical at the same time.
- If you want to avoid weeding once the first days of summer appear, make sure you apply mulch as early as possible.
- Finally, if you take the time to prune spring-flowering shrubs and enhance their appearance, they will reward you with a stunning garden that everyone will admire.
Don’t let spring creep in and catch you with your garden still looking like it did last year. Use this basic checklist to make sure your lawn and garden becomes the envy of all your neighbors. As with any project around the house, if you don’t have the time, get in contact with professional landscapers Denver has available to help with the workload.